Sunday, March 2, 2014

New Stitches & Designs

I'm always looking for something a bit different. I took a class and learned how to make a wonderful netted bangle bracelet. Not too difficult to make and super easy to wear. Anything made which does not have a clasp is a plus. This bracelet can be made with a clasp, too, if desired. Beads used are 4mm fire polished crystals, 11/0 delicas and 11/0 miyuki seed beads.  I used Fireline but you could use other brands of a similar stringing material.  I've made a couple more of these bracelets and have used only the 11/0 miyuki seed beads in a couple colors. The design works well without the delicas and you could also use Czech seed beads if you do not have the Japanese variety.



I saw this next bracelet design in person but checked online for instructions. It is a basic flat even count peyote stitch bracelet, but the funky bumpy design comes from adding progressively larger and then smaller sized seed beads. I used 15/0, 11/0, 8/0 and 6/0.  You could add a 10/0 seed bead in-between the 11/0 and 8/0 to give even more definition.  I used nymo thread when I made this. In retrospect, I recommend Fireline or something like it as I believe it will give a tighter weave.


Gee, are you seeing a color preference here....I guess I am drawn to blue, green purple combinations!
For this bumpy undulating bracelet closure, I made a loop with peyote stitch and a Czech glass button.


Trunk Show Continues Through March 23


Last day for my trunk show at the shop is March 23.  I've posted all photos on my Southpass Beads Facebook page, so you can see what is available and you can order online if you cannot stop by in person! Here's a few of the stones in the collection, but there are MANY more.  See them in the Precious Stone Trunk Show photo album link here.











New Seed Bead Selection

I'm so excited that I have some 11/0 Delicas and 8/0 Miyuki seed beads now in my shop.  See these on Etsy: Delicas and the 8/0 Miyukis. Some of the Delicas pictured below.





More later! We're looking forward to spring after one more blast of winter here in southern Illinois!

No comments:

Post a Comment