Thursday, February 6, 2014

Feeding the Fire

As I grow weary of winter, I try to find things that are new to keep me occupied. Joining the Etsy Beadweavers Team, I am challenged each month, if I can get it together, to make a piece relating to the particular theme of the month.  February happens to have the them of "warmth" - such as a warm cracking fire. The challenge specifically asked us to , ...think flames, ember and ashes, think wool, fleece and fur, warm things for the tummy and warm things for the soul."

So I created something that is not like other colors I am used to working with.  I used black mainly, rusty red and yellow to create the illusion of flames on my bead woven creation.  I am used to using a richer palette of colors, but this turned out rather interesting and I'm presenting it here.  


I beaded around a cabochon made by JBird - he seemed to think this was a piece he should just smash with a hammer - those temperamental lampworkers!! I said no to that and decided this was the piece that needed to be used for this Warmth challenge. I know no one likes to leave feedback, but I would love to know what you think about this very different piece...so feel free to comment below.

And if you feel inclined to look at more items included in this challenge, go to Etsy and put in the search the initials EBWC - https://www.etsy.com/search?q=EBWC&view_type=gallery&ship_to=ZZ. You will come up with all the entries in this months challenge and you can go to their individual stores as well to see all the beautiful work. 

If you would like to vote on the challenge, you can do this between February 9 and 15 at our group blog:  http://etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com/.


1 comment:

  1. This is quite lovely!

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete