Thursday, June 14, 2012

It's Ice Cream Social Time!

Oh yea! I worked my fingers off getting the stitch markers ready for the June Ice Cream Social Phat Fiber sampler box!! Just saw the video and there will be luscious yarns and batts and markers and all sorts of wonderful things in there!  Watch the video - it's so entertaining! My markers are mentioned in Part Three - yay!

Here's the stitch markers - there are 8 different colors!  


I used antique brass cones, beads, spacers and rings and the most adorable frosted acrylic beads!  These could be various flavors of ice cream or even snow cones!!  So sign up on their blog to get a box!!


More New Things

Finally I believe my creative slump is over! I think making the ice cream cone markers helped.  I have made a line of wonderful stacked wire bracelets filled with beads.  And I know it looks like this is super easy, but the tiny beads are no picnic...and they are the beads that really make the whole bracelet.  Here's a few....Bracelet #1, 3, 4, 5 & 7 are listed on Etsy.  Bracelets #2, 6 & 8 are at Ant Hill Gallery in Cobden.  Prices vary...so take a look.  More on the way after I complete a few other projects.












Vintage Inspired Earrings

Then, I went through my stash of lucite flowers, purchased some more lovely antique brass bead caps & findings and went hog wild on vintage inspired flower earrings!  I made some a couple months ago, but ran out of flowers and findings, so after restocking....here's the result.....






Vintage Lucite Lariat Necklace


This necklace is made with my favorite leafy antique brass chain - a discontinued style - DARN IT!  But I keep searching for it and find more of it every so often.  The other chain on the market is more expensive and IL don't think it's nearly as pretty.  The flowers here are vintage lucite, picked them up about 3 years ago at the Bead and Button Show.  I added a close up so you can see the flowers. Sort of like balloon flowers






Gorgeous Lucite Ruffle Flower Necklace


This beautiful bead was a free gift which came with my replenished supply of lucite flowers. Love it!  The lavender rings with the little crystals were a closeout I happened to find....everyone loves a good closeout sale!!  The chain here is a long and short link in antique brass.



Fun Places I've Been

So I'll digress a bit....I've been thinking lately about how I need a vacation.  If you've ever been to Galena, IL, you might have stumbled on Jodi McGill's shop, Vintalogie, filled with her gorgeous jewelry and brass findings. Galena is a cool place, too, with lots to see and do.  My recommendation on a great place to eat is Victory Cafe.  We loved it there. Hoping to make a trip there sometime soon. Lots of artisan & specialty shops there plus great B&B's.  We also enjoyed camping in Galena at the Palace Campgrounds.  Tons of places and at the time of year we were there the place was a bit empty and most pleasant.

When I visit my sister in St. Joseph, MO, we make day trips to various places and I really love going to Lawrence, Kansas.  Lawrence has so much in their downtown that it makes my head spin.  Knitters can drool over the yarn and supplies at the Yarn Barn.  Lots of places to eat - can't remember any of the names of the places I've been, but always a pleasant time!  Sometimes we'll take a jaunt over to Leavenworth, Kansas, to replenish our tea stock at the Queen's Pantry.   After I visit my sister again, I'll get the scoop on new happening in St. Joe and tell you all about it.

I was lucky during my last visit to get to go to Florilegium in Parkville, MO.  All I can say is OH MY GOD! What a gorgeous and inspiring place....or as they say, rare and beautiful ingredients to fuel your creative fire.  You'll find fiber and beads and ribbon and yarn and and.....a virtual paradise for me! What a gorgeous picture of the place (below).


While I was there, I picked up some beads to work on a new project.  The owner, Gretchen, was not there but I got to see some of the fun beads she was working on.  Beaded beads.  See the one pictured below.  There was a whole tray of them.  Some even looked like little pods.  Which reminds me I need to get busy.



But for now, it's late and I must rest my brain so I can work on more new projects tomorrow....happy beading & fibering!


No comments:

Post a Comment