Thursday, May 24, 2012

What? Yarn at the Bead Shop!! You Bet!


Stephanie Pearl-McPhee loves knitting, and if you catch up with her on her blog, she will state that over and over and over.  I really like to knit and am trying to finish a project which was put on hold for many years. It is my sister, Saundra Keiffer, not me, who creates the most gorgeous knitted goodies and makes some of the most luscious yarn! I'm the crazy bead lady who likes yarn, kind of like a cat does, but not enough to make knitting and spinning my main activity! Anyway, she has stocked my shop with some of her Housecats Hats hand spun yarn in lots of glorious colors!  I'm inspired by the thought of using some of this yarn for kumihimo designs - adding beads with the yarn and doing some of those fabulous braids!

I'm planning a weekly knitting group or two for my shop - one on Fridays from 1-4 pm and another Saturday mornings, time to be determined!











Not knowing as much about knitting as my sister, I sought her advice in stocking some different items in my bead shop. Specifically, I needed help choosing just a few knitting needles. I wanted to get needles that you don't find just anywhere.  So I now have Harmony wooden needles - just a few - in the shop.  I have a selection of straight needles, circular and double pointed, some plain stitch markers and silk yarn and ribbon yarn of various varieties.

I've been making stitch markers which is a lot of fun. I have loads of beads in my shop, so much to choose from!  I have a selection of them in my Etsy shop.  And also to change the topic just briefly - if anyone knows how I can make a link showing my Etsy store on the right of my blog here, I'd be very grateful for a little instruction on that!!


Blue kitty stitch markers - the last of my blue kitty beads.  The copper rings are hand hammered in our studio. Cute, huh?


If you got one of the Phat Fiber sampler boxes, you might have gotten one of my stitch markers with the Greek key charm on the end - this was in the May sampler box.  I added J-Bird's handmade beads to each one so each stitch marker was unique!  I used some pewter rings that had tiny heart patterns.


Magnesite boy and girl beads in mixed colors on my hammered copper rings!


Purchased hammered copper heart beads, totally adorable, with tiny blue Czech pressed glass baby bells on top. I love copper and blue together!


Another set of Greek key stitch markers.  I like adding an odd bead to the mix!


My favorite strawberry beads - I still have a few of these floating around in my personal stash - paired with red trumpet flowers. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment