Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lazy Sunday

What to do on a lazy Sunday.  Rain has beat down my overgrown petunias, so time to trim them for a colorful bouquet.  Morning coffee with my Elizabeth Dorman mug...it's a beauty. She has an Etsy store, by the way, and you might be able to get one of your very own!


I finished a lovely Tila Temptation bracelet, a free pattern from Bead & Button magazine. I used Miyuki Tila beads in a Picasso canary yellow with 2 colors of 3mm Czech Druks and 11/0 gilt lined white opal seed beads.  I had to try some type of pattern with the new Tila beads I have in my shop. So here's the results!


A couple new books this week are inspiring me to start more new things - The Absolute Beginners Guide to Stitching Beaded Jewelry and Creative Designs Using Shaped Beads. I have extra copies of the first book, but only one of the second one. I like the idea of the "beginners" level stitching book because I know others may want to try their hand at bead weaving - hopefully these designs will be easy to follow. I'm previewing it for you and will post my results later.


I'm waiting for my "free" pattern from Deb Moffett-Hall. Met her at Bead and Button Show and signed up for a free pattern.  She's the creator of the Quick Start Peyote pattern reading system! Here's a link to a YouTube video showing how to use the pattern cards - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYAYKMpHVn0

That's all for now. I need to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment