Sunday, April 12, 2015

Patrice Hill, Inali Jewelry Designs


This month's featured artist is Patrice Hill.  Patrice has always been an artsy and creative person. She started making jewelry around 1996 and with her artistic style, jewelry making was an easy fit for her. After the birth of her second daughter, Saige, Patrice decided to stay home, devoting her time to her own creative work.  She wanted to be her own boss, so she did what came natural for her - make things! Inali is Cherokee for "black fox"  and is also Patrice's eldest daughter Kendall's middle name.

Chakra gold bangle with multi-colored beads.


"In my designs I have a mix of textures, colors and repurposing.  I take material that, to most people, no longer serves a use, and incorporate them into mostly one-of-a-kind fashion pieces."

Repurposed purple leather necklace.

Repurposed black leather necklace.

Repurposed leather and feather statement necklace.

Repurposed multi-colored leather necklace.

"In addition to using repurposed materials, I try to use as many Eco Friendly beads and stones whenever possible."

Unpolished grey agate statement necklace.

Shell trumpet beads with large agate pendant.

"By the Sea" coral daggers and magnesite bead statement necklace.

Hand shaped copper and sliced blue agate earrings.


"Like we are, everything that I make is unique; there are never any duplications, so something will always be different about each individual piece.  I have been told that my style is eclectic, that it is reminiscent of Alexander Calder with my use of spirals and shapes.  I had no clue who he was, but once I saw his creations, I was flattered!"

Hand shaped gold wire and lamp work bead earrings.

Hand shaped brass wire earrings.

Large hand shaped statement wire earrings.

"Hopefully when you wear my creations, you will have a sense of creativity that flows from within you that you can then share with others."

Red bamboo coral wire wrapped earrings.


Multi colored matte seed beads, hand strung earrings.


Pastel magnesite tube bead bib statement necklace and earrings.


"I always wanted jewelry that was different, and it was sometimes hard to find in stores.  I stumbled across a bead store named Zuma, and from there, I found out about beads and how to make what 'I' like."

Coral dagger, turquoise, seed beads and pewter earrings.


"I hope to one day have more people see my work, and show my daughters that they can do whatever it is they aspire to in life."

You can see more of Patrice Hill's work on her Facebook page, Inali Jewelry Designs, and watch for her new website coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment